SMSA aims and objectives, the U11 Hockey Program sets as its purpose the provision of a developmental program concentrating on skating skills and a fun (enjoyment) opportunity.
The SMSA U11 Program has adopted a ZERO TOLERANCE policy with respect to verbal and/or physical abuse. This applies to coaches, players and parents and covers all areas relating to and including verbal and physical abuse towards players, on-ice officials, off-ice officials and team officials.
- To promote the SMHA policy of providing fun and enjoyment while at the same time stressing the values and appreciation of improved skating, puck skills and other hockey skills.
- To ensure that there is fun and enjoyment in the context of good competition by encouraging players to play with other players of similar skills, abilities and desires. In addition, by ensuring that there is an equal distribution of player talent amongst the teams within the divisions, players are encouraged to compete against other players of similar caliber.
- To provide a program which ensures that all players will enjoy equal opportunities of ice time during practice instruction and games.
- To provide guidelines which encourage coaches and other team Volunteers to improve their own coaching qualifications and instructing skills by participating in certification programs which emphasize theory, philosophy, technical and practical skills.
- To promote within the Teams proficient, innovative and developmental programs for goaltenders. The aim is to identify and develop as many goaltenders as possible. There should not be back up goaltenders on the bench. He or she should dress as a skater.
- With approval from the parents and coaches a player who wants only to be a goaltender may dress as back up goaltender.
Hockey Saskatchewan U11 Mandated Requirements:
Hockey Sask Regulation 6.04.16 - U11
- a) Tiered U11 teams must have a minimum of four (4) skates / practices prior to formal evaluations starting and those Evaluations/Try Outs cannot start until the 3rd weekend in September.
- b) There will be no U11 Exhibition, Tournament or League games sanctioned by Hockey Saskatchewan prior to November 15th.
- c) The maximum number of games a U11 team can play is forty-five (45) per season. (See 6.04.15 Note) Carded team games are not included in the 45 game maximum.
SMSA May also have a U11 Carded team with tryouts held in November. This team will be available to compete in 4 different tournaments throughout the season. This tryout will be open to all registered players who are not affiliated with another carded or tier 1 team. For more info on the Carded team, please speak to your team Manager when the season starts.
To register for U11 (Atom) please follow this link. Register here